Drivers Safety Course
You may request to take a drivers safety course if you meet the following requirements.
- Have not taken a Driving Safety Course within the past 12 months
- Not charged with speeding more than 25 miles over the posted limit
- Do not hold a commercial driver’s license
- You must provide a copy of your Texas or Oklahoma Driver’s license, or proof of Military membership.
- You must provide proof of financial responsibility (insurance)
- You must provide a signed, notarized affidavit requesting a Driving Safety Course on or before your appearance date.
- Pay the court cost and fees totaling $144.00
If DSC is approved you must provide the court with the signed completion certificate along with a certified copy of your driving record from the Department of Public Safety, (available online at Texas.gov) within 90 days.
Failure to comply with all requirements will result in a guilty plea and all fines and court costs will be due.